- Every instrument in the facility is open to all members of Duke University and the Medical Center
- We welcome new users of any level of microscopy experience and training is tailored to your needs - if you know what you want to do we can show you how to use a system; if you are not familiar with imaging we can advise you and work with you to get your experiments working
- Our approach is to teach people what you need to know to get using the scopes quickly, please ask in the future if you want to learn more.
- You are welcome to use as many different systems as your experiments require.
You may find reading this basic tutorial on microscopy before training useful if you are new to microscopy
Before requesting training please make sure you are linked to a fund code or project ID in the CoreResearch@Duke by your PI or fund manager. Help us make your training appropriate for you by filling out the form below. We generally find it best to train people shortly before starting to use the systems with your own samples so the training is relevant and fresh in your mind.
Please Be Aware
- All users must have been linked to a fund code in the CoreResearch@Duke - If you have not linked the fundcode in the CR@D, then you must do so before proceeding.
- All users must be trained by LMCF staff and follow the rules
- There are fees for using LMCF resources
If your fundcode IS LINKED IN THE CR@D, then proceed to the new user form.